Thursday, October 18, 2007

Missing Italy

Boy do I have a "Jones" for Italy. I can't believe I haven't been there in over a year. No wonder I feel empty inside. There's something about this beautiful country that feeds my soul. Not going the usual time in August left me in a bit of a funk. At first I thought, " there is no way I can survive August in L.A." I really felt like an alien in my own country. I can't even remember August for the first time in 4 years. I know I more or less immersed myself in projects that would as least occupy my time with thoughts away from Italy. I would receive txt messages from my Italian friends on the island. They were kind enough to tell me how much they missed me. It was nice of them to keep me in their thoughts. I know they were having a blast! My Italian sister had a good time but left out the details so I wouldn't feel bad. When people asked me about my summer. My response was "What summer?" The sad thing was I didn't even step my toe into the Santa Monica ocean summer. In spite of the distance and the disappointing summer, I do feel connected with my Italian friends from this side of the world. Gotta pull that boot closer or at least create more opportunities to cross the ocean.

No comments: