Sunday, October 21, 2007

Saturday's here and gone....

Funny how one thinks they have all the time in the world on the weekend. And poof! It's over. I really thought I'd get so much done today for my trip. Well, I got a few things done. I even had time to run another errand and go to the gym for a half hour (half hour is better than nothing). All this before dinner.

Dinner was at a favorite mexican restaurant Tlapazola. Great Oaxacan food at this place but I can't stand the parking. It's located in a little strip mall. Parking is always tricky because there is the 5pm dinner crowd (the senior citizens) which clearly need some time to get to their car and then there is the crowd going for Japanese/Korean or just sushi or the pizza delivery place is there too. We tried to park in the lot but without success and always an adventure. A woman in front of us couldn't figure out where she wanted to park her SUV. She had her signal on for one spot and then she decides she wants to take the other spot we were heading for. As our car is backing up, this elderly man with a patch on his eye and a cane gets out of the car and proceeds to claim the parking spot we're heading for. Can we say subtle? If the spot means that much then I say, "please take it." The irony was after we proceeded to park across the street. This woman driving the SUV, didn't take ANY of the spots. She drives away. NON CREDO! I still don't know what the big deal was. Fortunately, the margarita became way more important than the idiot drivers in L.A. A wonderful evening with an old and dear friend was perfect.

I never realized how much my friend loved Italy as much as I do. His favorite spot is Venice in the winter and he's never been south of Rome. He's not a big fan of Rome because it's "too big." If he hadn't told me about Venice first, then I would've categorized him with many Americans who love Florence and Tuscany. I will also forgive him for never having been South of Roma. Boy is he missing out. Clearly it has taken me yet another week to post this blog. This Saturday is already next Saturday and on to Sunday. Here and gone....

No comments: